UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I am siddesh and my beko tumble dryer drcs76w does not

Customer Question
Hi, I am siddesh...

Hi, I am siddesh and my beko tumble dryer drcs76w does not start. it has the light inside the drum but no lights on the front panel(leds' dont glow) and it wont start

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I thought it was the mains suppressor, i changed it and still no sign of life except the light inside the drum when you open the door but no lights on front panel or it does not start.....i think it stopped midway in the last drying cycle

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/28/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

From the fault you have the main control board has blown on this that's why its gone off. But you will find the heater at the back is also faulty and this is what has blown the control board.

Ive seen this fault loads of times so you must replace both the heater and control board together. As if you replace just the control board then as soon as you turn it on it will blow again. So both the heater and control board will need to be replaced on this to cure this. As I said ive replaced many of them for this fault so it is a fault ive seen a lot on these Bekos.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Thanks. If the control board is blown, how do I still get the light inside the drum when I open the door?
This light was there for some time previously but then went out. I checked the mains filter/interference filter and there were signs of burn and leak. I have replaced this and find the light(inside the drum) has come back!Where do I find the control board and how much does it cost?Regards
Siddesh

You are still getting the light on in the drum because the control board is sending the power to it still. But that's a different part of the circuit so that is why that's still lighting up.

As I said this is a common fault. Ive see it many times on this not just once or twice but quite a lot so I know its the main board and the heater at fault here.

As to getting the parts then the part numbers for each are as below.

Heater is(###) ###-####br />The control board is(###) ###-####/p>

You can get them from www.buyspares.co.uk

Thanks Daniel!
Just a thought, can it be that it is just the heater element that is blown off?
How different would it present if it was only the heater element which had blown off?
Also, am I being charged for every question I ask?Regards
Siddesh

If it was just the heater then the lights will come on still but it just wont heat.

As I said on this its not as if ive seen it once or twice. Ive seen it may times on these and its always the heater that fails and blows the control board.

But if you wanted to replace just the heater then go for it. But im 99.9 % sure it still wont light up due to the control board having blown on this.

And don't worry as you don't pay per reply you only pay the once when you click the rating stars so even after rating you can still get back to me on this and you will have only paid the fee you arranged at the start of this.

Thanks Daniel. Can I rate you once I replace the said control board and heater element?

Not a problem that's fine. You can rate when your ready that's not a problem.