UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Aeg l 14710 vit machine wants to default to the drain

Customer Question
setting - but not drain...
Aeg l 14710 vit machine wants to default to the drain setting - but not drain at all. All lights work but machine is dead- no buzz noise heard. Changed and replaced the door lock - but still defaults to drain. And the door can be opened and closed without going to the locking timer.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/27/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Let see if we can get the error code up.

Set the washer going on a spin cycle and then you need to press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.

Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the error code should come up E??

Let me know the code.

Regards

E90 and the E40 codes get displayed

Ok E40 is a door lock fault or door not closed.

E90 is a control board fault. Now for the E90 to come up the control board is playing up. If you are able to pull the washer out and remove the top.

You will see the control board on the right hand side.

There you will see wiring blocks. In the middle of the board is a small blue wiring harness going through the font panel.

Disconnect the wiring block and give the ends a gentle squeeze and refit it.

Then retry the washer and see how it goes from there. But if its still the same then im afraid the control board is the fault here and will need to be replaced. But this isn't going to be a cheap repair im afraid.

So check the wiring first if you can and see what you find. But as I said if still the same this is going to be a faulty control board here im afraid.

Regards

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open, Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer I gave that would be great.

Many thanks