UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My dishwasher hot point fdl570 starts cycle then flashes red

Customer Question
on salt and X and...
My dishwasher hot point fdl570 starts cycle then flashes red on salt and X and flashes green on washing and end
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/27/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question, Do you still need help on this?

If so before the lights start to flash do you hear the wash motor kick in?

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wash motor comes on yes still need help

Ok them lights you have flashing is a pressure problem inside the dishwasher.

As you say the motor is running then this rules the motor out as the motor can cause this.

What you need to do is remove the filters and the mesh filter inside the dishwasher an turn it over. If its all slimed up you need to give this a good clean and then see how it goes from there.

If that's all ok then you need to pull the dishwasher out and lie it on its back and remove the bottom base cover.

There you will see a hose going from the wash motor to the sump unit.

Remove this and give this a good clean out as if this blocks up it causes this fault you have.

So check them first and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I can't take hose off as not standard but feels empty

Ok if that feels fine then its possibley a faulty pressure sensor then causing this fault.

There no way of testing this other then replacing it im afraid.

But as you have done all the basic checks then theres a fault in there some were which could be the pressure sensor, the hoses underneath the control board and possibley the motor.

This error code can be a night mare to fix due to there being several things that can causes this.

But if it is the control unit or the motor then its actually cheaper to get Hotpoint in as they do a fixed price repair for £110 all in. This is actullay cheaper then you buying the spares yourself. So that's an option here aswell for you.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician