Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a problem with my Siemens dishwasher. It stops when

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** I have a problem with my Siemens dishwasher. It stops when it has filled with water.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is a Siemens dishwasher Siemens dishwasher SF64T535EU/01 (think it's basically the same inside as Bosch/Neff) and it has following symptomsWhen I start it it takes in water and fill-up the water tank. It looks as if when the tank is full the water will flower over and into the machine through the pressure chamber.When the water reaches the pressure chamber the d/w starts to pump out a litte water and then fill again. If I at that point open the machine the red "tap" is on. At first the d/w would run through a full program in 3-4 hrs.. Later it took one day and now it won't continue whatsoever..I have found out that if I pull the blue lever on the pressure chamber the d/w will start.I have cleaned the filter at the aqua stop and I have had the drain pump out. It looks in apparently good order. I have also had the pressure chamber out and cleaned it. Looks also in apparently good order.I have bought a new drain pump as this was my first thought but am not sure whether this is the problem.A video of the problem can be found here .. https://www.dropbox.com/s/7vgphvcjokcvtv7/Video%2***-**-****%2011.25.46.mov?dl=0
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'm willing to wait a bit.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely with the pressure switch. Can you double check that model number, please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Here is the details
E-Nr SF64T353eu/01
FD 8707 00295
TYPE SD13IT1S
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I believe the pressure chamber assembly will need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found out myselves .. The problem was not the pressure chamber. Problem was that something blocked the water tank. I filled it with apx 1.5 l liquid agent (decalcifying) and waited untill next day. Then when I started the d/w I could immiately hear that it filled much faster than before and after a couple of minuts the water pressure pressed the white knob out which engaged the blue lever and machine filled with water and started..