UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a hoover vision hd model VHD822. I have had this

Customer Question
Hello there. I...

Hello there. I have a hoover vision hd model VHD822. I have had this problem before then it retified itself. washing machine stops during washes and spins with three flashes on timer saver and 1000spin checked hose seems fine sometimes i can get to go but most time have to keep trying again then sometimes works?

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Well thats all above. checked drain hose and no blockages machine is clean and filter clean

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
Customer: Hello there. I have a hoover vision hd model VHD822. I have had this problem before then it retified itself. washing machine stops during washes and spins with three flashes on timer saver and 1000spin checked hose seems fine sometimes i can get to go but most time have to keep tryingagain then sometimes works: well thats all above. checked drain hose and no blockages machine is clean and filter clean
Answered in 1 day by:
1/24/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

When the washer stops with the 3 flashes is it still full of water or has it drained all the water out?

Regards

some of the water but not all. put the waste hose in bucket for now so i could see
i drain it from filter at front and tried again so no water was in but would not spin its trying but not getting up to speed

Ok so with all the water out the washer still isn't spinning is this correct?

Are you still getting the 3 flashes on the lights?

that corrent 1000 spin light flashing and timer saver both 3 times
thats an E 3 code
hello

Sorry for the delay just had to reboot laptop.

If you have the 3 flashes still even though its drained out then try this and see what happens.

Remove the top and there you will see the pressure switch. Its round with a few wires and a thin hose to the bottom of it.

Remove that hose and blow down it and retry it and see how that goes.

If its still the same then believe it or not a faulty wash heater can cause this error code as well. Remove the back and there you will see the heater in the bottom of the drum. You need to test this with a multi meter and see if faulty. If faulty then it will need to be replaced and then see how it goes from there.

Check them and see what you find and let me know.

Regards

ok i tried the hose thing last night but didnt work i will try it again though and other thing how much is a water heater?

The heater is about £25 so if you have a multi meter you can test this and check as it should be around 28 Ohms.

Hello tried that still doing it. i looked at element part but there is a seperate ntc up above element just small plastic disc wired in i had a look it was a bit slimy and wet do you think i should try replacing this first ? it would be cheaper it might be faulty
Thermisistor you call it according to pictures on parts website

Ive never had a thermistor causing this fault before as for the fault you describe its either a draining fault or if it is draining then a faulty heater.

Test the heater to earth as well as heater leaking to earth messes up the electronics.

So if you have a multi meter you can easy see if its the heater.

ok i will have to get it from garage tomorrow.
is the element easy to fit?

No worries. Im sure its the heater at fault here if the washer is draining out ok.

What you can try is remove the wires from the heater and insulate them up and just set it going on a spin and see if it spins fine then. If so then again it shows the heater is the cause here.

Yes the heater is quite easy to fit as its just a 10mm nut in the center you remove and then you need to use a flat bladed screwdriver and prise it out. Getting it out is a bit harder but fitting the new one is very easy.

ok. removed wires do you mean just the red ones on either side of middle earth

All the wire as if its an earth fault the earth will still pick it up if attached. So remove all 3 and try it from there.

thats spinning now!!!! hooray so you think it must be element? If i connect them up again will it not reset them. is it definetley heater as i had this problem a few times before and then went away. or would that be heater element gradually deteriorating and kicking in then out then gradually gave up?
i ask because i got it to wash last night and spin then nothing it seems eratic

You cannot reset a heater im afraid.

You need to replace it from there and that will cure its failing to earth that's why its doing this so replace the heater and this will fully cure it.

will it still wash but only with cold water as need to get some cleanish things done

You can try it and see how it goes. Sometimes it works others it sticks on cycle. So if you find it sticks on cycle then its because the heater is disconnected here.

do you have any discounts with hoover parts if i ordered element through yourself?

We don't order parts or anything like that im afraid.

We just do online help.

You can get a none genuine heater from the site below a bit cheaper.

Click here

Hi just one more thing the heater element on my machine does not have the white plastic connector like in picture will this matter or will it just be idle if nothing to plug into it. mine just has three screws and thermisitor disc above with wire connected at bottom of drum
does it matter if part not genuine hoover part

The heater on yours is now obsolete so they use this one. The white part you see is the thermistor as some models its in the heater.

Just ingorne that on the new heater as the thermistor on yours is the disc you see.

And its doesn't matter if its not genuine as for a heater it wont make a difference really.

Ok thankyou very much for your time you have been a great help. i will top rate you. Is it worth me checking with multimeter tomorrow or does this mean it is knackered. I will get back to if any more questions. Thanks again.

Just click the stars at the top of the page to do the rating that would be great.

As to the heater if you have a multi meter then theres no harm in testing it to make sure.

ok i will but you are fairly sure as its working without heater connected up?

Im pretty sure from what you have described.

I can only advise on checks as im the other side of the computer so unable to test your washer so that's why im pretty sure its the heater rather then 100 pre cent as im not there.

But as I said from the fault you have and the checks you have done to it this all points to the heater at fault here.

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the washer as the question is still open, Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer I gave that would be great.

Many thanks

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician