UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

I have a bosch dishwasher SHX4AP05UC/05. All the functions…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a bosch dishwasher SHX4AP05UC/05. All the functions work properly once in that function. However, in order to get it to fill with water (I have already switched out the inlet valve), I have to press Start, listen for it to go through the brief drain cycle, then pause and switch o that next cycle (not sure what that is) and then, where there normally would be a pause and then the water would fill, I have to open the door and re-press Start for the water to fill and the dishwasher to run as expected. If I do not open the door and re-press start, the water will not fill and the wash will end as though it is done.

Contractor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

No

Contractor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Sure

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 2 days by:
1/25/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! It sounds to me like the machine control is failing. What happens if you start a cycle and just leave it? Does the control just go dead, will it start with no water or what exactly happens?

if i push the start button and let it go, 3 things happen. first, it sounds as though it is draining. then it pauses briefly and sounds to be in aqua sensor mode. then it pauses and, instead of my hearing the water enter for the wash mode, it sounds like that second mode but a little different almost like it is pushing water but not enough to wash. after that for about 5 minutes or so, it stops as though complete and beeps. However, if after the aqua sensor mode I open the door and push start again, it fills with water and washes and proceeds as normal. thx.

The fact that it will cycle after a "secondary start" once filled leads me to believe there is an issue with the control module. The tech sheet for your model is attached. Can you put it into the service mode and see if any error codes have been stored and if it runs through the test cycle as it should?