UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I too have an oldtheremostat with red, blue and yellow

Customer Question
Hi I too have an...
Hi I too have an oldtheremostat with red, blue and yellow wires. Have bought a Honeywell DT90E - This has A B and C connection points. A for L B for N and nothing for C. Which Live to I attach to A Red (Live) or Yellow Switched Live). I assume Blue to be insulated and not attached
Cheers
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/22/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 1 year ago
bonzaco

Assuming you are connecting it directly to a boiler, then A = live in, B = switched live to boiler and C is not connected. On the original you needed a neutral for the thermostat to operate.

bonzaco
bonzaco
bonzaco