UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Ya I have a neff dishwasher with the tap light on. Small…

Customer Question
Hiya I have a neff...
Hiya I have a neff dishwasher with the tap light on. Small amount of water in the Base. Cleaned up and light went off. Came back on as soon as I turned it back on.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/18/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

When you cleared the water from the base how long did it last for before it came back on?

Did it start to fill with water before the water light came back on?

Regards

Hi Daniel. It was only a short time. Only a small amount in the base. Filling from the outlet on the bottom left. Drain pump running with the door closed.

Ok so if its done it again then theres something leaking in there.

What you need to do is remove both side panels so you can see the workings under there.

Clear the water out from the base again and set it going on a wash cycle.

Shine a tourch in there and watch it as its filling and try and see were the water is coming from.

Look at the plastic filling tank and see if you can see signs of water leaking from there.

If that looks fine then look at the right hand side and there you will see the wash motor. Check this as well as they can leak once its filled up.

So check the filling tank and the wash motor as these are the most common things that leak on there and activate the flood switch and brings the tap light on.

Let me know what you find.

Regards

Sorry for taking so long Daniel. Checked everywhere underneath both panels. Cleared the water in the base. Tap light went out. No more water coming out. Tap light came back on. Can't find a leak anywhere.

Ok so the tap light has comeback on and theres no water in the base at all now?

Is the drain pump running all the time still?

drain pump is on constantly.

Ok if its not water that's activated the flood switch then what you need to do is with the left hand side panel removed you will see a red plastic rod going into the base of the dishwasher in the bottom right.

Lift this up and down a few times as if its got stuck up then its activating the flood switch as it thinks water is pushing the float switch up.

Free it off and retry it an see how it goes from there.

There is no red plastic rod anywhere.

Can you post the model number of the dishwasher then please.

Sorry there is no model no available. The machine is approx eight years old.

If its 8 years old then it will have the flood switch.

Do you have the left hand side panel off?

If so look towards the bottom on the right hand side and there should be a plastic vertical rod going from the base up to the tank.

That's the rod you need to lift up and down.

And the model number will be etched into the door frame on the top of the door as you open it on the left hand side and starts E-nr.

Model no s544x1gb/22
Side panel off. The only thing in the bottom right is two tubes going into the tank.

That model number isn't coming up. Can you double check it please.

Type sl15j1f
Fd8601
Neff gvbh
Sorry gmbh

Ive found it now the model number you posted first had a 4 missing as its a tripe 4.

But ive got it now. The flood switch is located in the middle of the dishwasher on this that's why you cannot see it from the side.

What you need to do is lie the dishwasher on its back and remove the base cover under there.

There you will see the flood switch there with a plyostine float in the base. Check that's not stuck there.

Then stand it upright and try again and see if this makes a difference from there.

Ok found the float switch. Checked it and all looks ok. Tap light was off and now back on. At no point any difference with the machine.

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

So just to double check when you check the flood switch theres no water in the base at all and the tap light goes off but then it comes back on again and the pump is running all the time.

If this is correct then its either the flood switch itself at fault or the control board as they are the only parts that can cause this if theres no water in the base at all.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician