UK Appliance

UK appliance repair questions? Ask a technician for answers ASAP

Bush fridge freezer freezer is not freezing adequately?

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
1/18/2016
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago
bonzaco

Is it actually switching off the motor during operation?

When do I switch off the motor and where is it sitated
Situated
I am waiting for an answer
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK the compressor (motor) is located at the back of the appliance a big black thing in the base area, the motor is switched on and off by the thermostat.

How long should I switch the motor off for?
Is the thermostat situated near the compressor
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK perhaps you could tell me what the actual problem is, the information request just states that it is no freezing adequately what do you mean, is the fridge temperatures OK but the freezer is too warm.

The freezer is freezing but the bacon is soft in the freezer
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

What is the temperature of the milk like?

Milk is fine the fridge is ok
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK I need you to get around the back and put your hand on the compressor and tell me if it is hot or just lukewarm. And can you let me have the model number too.

The compressor is icy cold. The fridgefrreezer is Bush BS FF 55136W the answers to your questions
Can I have a solution please Simon Peries
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK one final question, where have you got the f/freezer located, is it in the kitchen, utility room or garage?

The garagge
UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

OK this is your problem, the appliance is designed to work in an environment that is constantly between +16-30C. If you put it in an area below this, shall we say in an unheated garage then the temperature can get to a temperature that is below that at which the refrigerator operates. So what subsequently happens is that the fridge maintains the correct temperature but the freezer defrosts and starts to increases until it reaches that of the fridge. If you move the appliance into a warm heated area it will function perfectly. If you look at your user handbook it refers to this factor. Unfortunately this is not a product fault, it is just a location problem.

Would you therefore kindly rate the information given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, if you need further information do come back to me. Thank You for using JA and have a good evening ~ Ian

UK Appliance Technician: bonzaco,
 replied 2 years ago

Would you kindly rate the advice given by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, this allows me to shut down the job on the system. Many thanks.

bonzaco
bonzaco
bonzaco