Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My zanussi dish washer is leaking water from underneath

Customer Question

Hi my zanussi dish washer is leaking water from underneath
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Could you let me have the full pnc or product code please and I will have a look at the diagrams.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Zanussi###-##-####03
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you coming back to me??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have paid £11
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you coming back to me I'm sitting here waiting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
taken the day of work to sort
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK I'm afraid that most of the UK engineers only work on here part-time. To be honest if the leak in not obvious the only way to do this is to take the appliance out and after putting it on a workmate or similar with the casing off (if fitted) run a cycle and with a torch find the leak. Come back to me when you have located it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's built into an island and I can't pull it out
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But it's not leaking firm the back where the pipes run in its underneath at the right hand side
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

I understand this but there is no magic answer you have to get the appliance out to find the leak. If it went in, unless it was fitted by a bad kitchen fitter it will come out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well we have stone slab floor and its sitting on something like MDF which has turning into the consistency of wet cardboard and the feet had sunk in to it and i can't budge it, could it be the drain is blocked in the base of the washer and this can be assessed from the inside?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

OK you should be able to screw in the front feet inside the cabinet, the rear feet usually have a screw system which allows you to screw then into the cabinet from the front with a screwdriver with a driver or nutrunner. If the drain was blocked then it wouldnt pump out the water from inside the wash cavity?