Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Pls, I have got hotpoint Aquarius wml540 bought it 2 years

Customer Question

Hi yes pls, I have got hotpoint Aquarius wml540 bought it 2 years ago problem is = washing stops in the middle of washing, no water only washing powder inside can't switch off the key button is flashing all the time stops only if I catch off the power is it worthy to fix it or get a new one thanks,,,, jana
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

When it does this are all the lights flashing?

If so look at the lights on the far right and see which of the, are lit up and let me know.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only key button is flashing and start/Pa use button in flashing all other lights off and all up
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok are you able to open the door?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok remove the plastic trim on the bottom of the washer at the front.

Then from there look on the right hand side of the filter and you will see a green plastic tab.

Un clip this from the cabinet and then pull the tab down and at the same time pull the door handle and the door should open from there.

If it does then close the door again and if it locks again straight away then the door lock is faulty. You can still open it again by pulling the green tab again.

Then replace the door lock and that should cure it from there. Now for this its worth fixing as its not that expensive. Plus even if it was anything else Hotpoint do a fixed price repair for £110 all in so for that price they will call out and fix it for that price so that's another option for you as that's cheaper then a new washer.

So try the above and that should allow the door to open anyway.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks will do so
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If you need anymore help on this then just get back to me.

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Do you need anymore help?

If not then if you could remember to rate the answer that would be great.

Regards