Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

The washing machine wont spin comes on periodotically whirrs

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** the washing machine wont spin comes on periodotically whirrs for a few seconds then stops again . the reset button just doesn't reset
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When the selection dial is turned for wash choices the display does not respond
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  bonzaco replied 1 year ago.

Would you kindly let me have the manufacturer and model number of you appliance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Beko WMB 91242 LC. I have removed the pcb and there is so blackening around a few of the resisters
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay it looks like Bonzaco ha opted out of the question.

What you need to do on this is check the carbon brushes in the motor. As belive it or not worn brushes in the motor can cause this fault you have here.

Pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and have someone hold for you so it doesn't fall on your head.

Then lie down and look under the washer.

There you will see the back of the motor. There either side you will see the carbon brushes. Remove them and see if they have worn down to just a few mm. If so then you need to replace them and fingers crossed that cures it.

So check that first and see what you find and let me know.

Regards