Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

F21 code on Bosch avantixx 6 - had no spin button to press

Customer Question

F21 code on Bosch avantixx 6 - had no spin button to press on standard re/set. Can't open the door
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Do you have the model number please. As you cannot open the door then its should be printed in small letters on the front control panel. Or if you have the instruction manual it should be on there.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it's Bosch WAE24366G
Bosch Avantixx 6 vario perfect
Purchased in 2010
Has no separate spin button on panel which is how google suggested could resolve problem. Not only do I need to open door but to spin as still full of water.
Thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the model number. Ive just had a look and for that model number it does have a spin button

If you look at the spin lights going down at the bottom of them is a button. This is the spin reduce button.

Not sure how you have tried to rest it but I will list the reset again for you.

To reset it.

Turn the appliance knob to the off or reset position, 12 o'clock.

Turn the knob to the 6 o'clock position.

Press and hold the spin reduce button.

Whilst holding it, turn the knob to the 7 o'clock position.

Continue holding the spin button for about 5 seconds.

Release the button.

Turn the knob to off.

When your turn it back on it should have cleared the error code.

Try that and see what happens. If the error code goes back then theres a fault there which is nearly always down to the carbon brushes in the motor.

So try that and let me know how it goes.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry not clear what you mean by spin button. I attach a photo of control panel. The only separate spin is second. I tried what you suggest but spin (grey) button doesn't depress. I've only ever used it when setting up a programme !
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If you look at the row of buttons on the far left going down, Look at the very bottom one which is the aqua plus. To the right of that is another button. That's the spin reduce button which I mean.

Is that the button you press while doing the reset?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's the button im pressing, it's not really a button as such & I've never used it to spin, I just tried again, nothing happens at all. F-21 still flashing so guess ill be getting repair man in
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

That's right its not a push button its like a touch pad so all you do is press on it as its touch control.

But if its not resetting then its picking up theres a fault still. Have you found any fault in there why it came up with the F21?

As its more then likely have a fault in there which is why its coming up F21 which is more then likely the carbon brushes in the motor.

So you need to either replace them or if you don't want to go stripping it down yourself then you need to get an engineer in as they will replace them and reset it for you from there.

Regards

Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

I see the question is still open, Do you still need help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Many thanks