Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Rob, I have an Electrolux EKT6045x, I powered it off and on

Customer Question

Customer: Rob, I have an Electrolux EKT6045x, I powered it off and on again to reset the clock, bu when it powered back on, I got a series of beeps and an error code E8. I was after the service manual.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What more can I tell you?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

E8 error code is a communication fault between the control boards in there. Now the bad think is theres 3 control boards so it could be any of them.

What you can try first is check the wiring blocks connecting the boards together as sometimes its just a bad connection.

What you need to do is open the top oven door and look under the front of the hob. There you will see 4 screw, they will be torx screws (star shapped). Remove them and then you can lift the front of the hob upwards. Make sure the power is turned off and then you will see 2 control boards at the front under the glass top. Remove the wiring block of each board and refit it a few times and give the ends of the block a gentle squess as this will make a better connection.

Then drop the hob top back down and turn it on and see if this has cleared the error code. If not then you need to remove the back panel of the oven and there you will see the main board. Do the same on there with the thin wiring blocks and check the connections are good.

Then retry it and see how it goes. Fingers crossed that's sorted it from there.

But if its still the same then one of the control boards will be faulty. Now this could be either one of them as theres no way of testing them its a case of replacing them and seeing how it goes.

But most of the time its a bad connection that causes this so doing the above clears the error code and sorts it from there.

Try that if you are able to and see how it goes. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've done all of that before getting in touch. I read that it was a communication error. The cooker is really quite poor as I regularly have to remove the top and clean the glass and boards to get the 'touch' buttons to work. I have ran out of isoproponal unfortunately, so will have to get some and double check the connections. I have stuck a meter over the cables and they are all good, and I've even tested continuity whilst they are connected. Do you have a wiring diagram and/or service manual?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have the wiring diagram on this. But theres 5 versions of this model so can you post the product number of the oven please. It will be on a sticker on the inside of the oven door and starts with a 9. Then I can get the correct diagram for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is###-##-#### *****
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

If just uploaded the wiring diagram for the oven so click the link below for it. There isn't a service manual for this oven im afraid as to be honest they don't really make them for ovens. As they expect the engineers already know how to strip there ovens down as theres no test cycle on the electronics on these.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are the error codes just standard across the manfacturers products? Can you confirm that this is the correct diagram for my oven? It doesn't seem to show (to me) how my control boards connect. Basically, I have a 4-wire connection from the board in the back of the oven, which feeds to the hob to one of the control boards (with the display) which controls the oven. This board then has a ribbon cable going to a touch sensor, and another 3-wire connection going to another control panel which is used to control the hob. I am no expert, but I don't see the same thing in the diagram.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Yes E8 is the same across the Electrolux oven ranges which include the AEG brands and Zanussi.

As to the wiring diagram that is the correct one for the product code you posted. If its not the same as your oven then double check the product number and see if theres another 2 digit number after the product code like 01,02 or 03