UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My jlss2009 keeps freezing up every couple of weeks.We have

Customer Question
defrosted it a number of...
My jlss2009 keeps freezing up every couple of weeks.We have defrosted it a number of times.But the problem keeps happening again?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
Answered in 1 day by:
1/1/2016
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question do you still need help on this?

If so then how long does it last for before it freezes up again?

Regards

It varies but normally every two weeks.The last time it froze which was a few days ago, I let it defrost then checked the back and the evaporator tray was full.

Hi

Ok if it lasts a few weeks and then refreezes back up then its more then likely the defrost heater at fault not defrosting the ice so it builds up to much and then stops the air flow around the appliance until its defrosted then the ice clears.

You need to defrost the freezer again and then do the below.

What you need to do is empty the freezer and remove the back cover.

Then you need to remove the vent cover at the top of the freezer at the front.

Behind there will be a screw either side 7mm socket screw. Remove these and then you can drop the evaporator housing box.

Now you need to remove the ploystrine cover on the top.

Then in the back left corner you will see the wires for the heater.

Feel behind there and disconnect the block and you need to test I with a multi meter to see if faulty.

If so then you need to replace the defrost heater and that will cure the fault from there.

Now the above sounds easyer then it actually is. Theres very little room in there to work in due to the pipe work. It can be done but its very tight plus the fins on there are sharp so becarefull in there.

Check that and see what you find as for this kind of fault its nearly always the defrost heater that causes it. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Hi it's taken a while to be able to look a the freezer,l am back to work.Ok it's stripped down and I seem to be getting open circuit across the defrost heater does that mean it's broken.I do not want to order a heater if it could be something else.Should I be checking the thermostat ? Thanks for your patience.

Hi

Ok if you have tested the heater and its open circuit then that's faulty and will need to be replaced.

As to the thermal cut out yes they can fail but they don't fail often. But as you have found the heater faulty that's going to be the issue here.

If you want the part number for the heater its(###) ###-####/p>

Regards

Hi

Just wondering how you got on with the appliance as the question is still open.

Do you still need more help on this?

If not then if you could rate the answer that would be great.

Regards

It is not the defrost heater.The new one came and I checked the resistance it was open circuit until I moved up the scale it was 250ohms.I checked my one and it is the same.As this is taking to long I have bit the bullet and brought a new fridge freezer.

Ok so the heater was ok then. In that case it would have been the thermal cut out.

But if you have got new appliance then hopefully that will last many years for you.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician