UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My whirlpool Aug 7550 keeps beeping about 10 minutes in -

Customer Question
water doesn't heat stops at...
My whirlpool Aug 7550 keeps beeping about 10 minutes in - water doesn't heat stops at the rinse cycle the first button on the right?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/29/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

When this happens if you look at the start light I will be flashing. You need to count the number of flashes from it in between the pause and let me know.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's continual

Just look at it carefully as it should be flashing an error code.

You may get 10 flashes from it in between a pause and 10 flashes again.

Just double check that please and see if it is flashing an error code or weather its just continual flashing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is no error code and it is continual?

Try this its a test cycle and see if it shows the error code this way.

Turn the dishwasher on and select the rinse cycle first on the left.

Turn the dishwasher off.

Press and hold the start button and turn it back on.

Hold the start button in till the start light is flashing then let go.

Now press the start button once and close the door.

Now it will run a 12 minute test cycle. If it picks up a fault it will stop, drain the water out and beep.

Open the door and the start light will be flashing. Count the number of flashes from it in between the pause and let me know.

Then press and hold the start button to reset it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok will do get back to you in 12 mins

No worries.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's gone past 12 minutes and not stopped and still not heating?

Ok has it not completed the test cycle yet?

If not then carefully open the door and press the start button once and close the door again and it should drain the water out and complete the test cycle.

Try that and let know if that exits test mode.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok draining just now
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It just stopped and beeped 3 times not flashing at all?

As to the fault you have here then if its not heating that could be why its stopping mid cycle.

For this its either the heater itself, Wiring in the door or the control board itself.

What you need to do is remove the wooden door panel and then remove the outer metal door and there you will see the wiring loom going to the bottom. Open the plastic holder and inspect each wire. You need to give them a tug one at a time and check to see if any have broke as the can break were it goes round the bend in the door.

If the wires are fine then you need to remove the bottom inspection cover below the door and there you will see the heater on the right. You ened a multi meter to test this for continuity. If faulty then you need to replace it.

But if the heater and the wiring in the door are both fine then im afraid you are left with the control board here. You will need to replace it and that should cure it from there.

But if you have beeps then this is a heater error code im afraid.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks for your help

Your very welcome.

If you need anymore help on this then just get back to me.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you

Also if you could rate the answer that would be great as well.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician