UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

I have a new schott ceran which is locked, how do I unlock

Customer Question
I have a new schott...
I have a new schott ceran which is locked , how do I unlock
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
12/28/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Can you post the make and model number of the hob please.

Regards

Schott ceran ....9000 938829

Schott ceran is just the makers of the glass not the hob itself.

Do you have an instruction book with the hob that tells you what make of hob it is?

If not then do you have a button of a key on there?

It is the glass job which is locked from new... I have no instruction manual , just what I have provided

Ok this makes it harder not knowing what brand of hob it is.

But we should be able to sort this out still. Did you see if theres a picture of a key on the touch buttons on the hob?

Brand is Siemens ...
Picture of key is on right hand side
Sorry, picture of key is on left hand side next to on/off

Ok as its a siemens then try this.

Press and hold the key button for about 10 seconds and that should take the lock off.

If not then press and hold the on/off button again for 10 seconds and see if that works.

Try them and see what happens and let me know.

Regards

Have some more info.... Siemens EH611fn17f... Table flex induction touch slider so cadre...
It is still not working ',,,
When I press the security key , there is a lot of bleeping

Ok that model to turn the lock off you press and hold the key for 10-20 seconds and that turns the lock off.

If that's not doing it then what makes you think the lock is on?

My no is 07770 66 80 28
Still not working...

Ok what makes you think its locked then?

Is the red key lit up?

We had a Simens before which had a safety switch .... This seems to have similar setting with Beebs to tell you when it is working or in demonstration mode .
This is its first day of use ...it seems to be tripping back to the security lock
When I press the security key I get nos flashing on flexible zone and minute timer

Ive been looking and I have the instruction manual for this hob so ive just uploaded it so click the link below and you can down load it.

The lock section is on page 10 so scroll down to there and have a look at that and try that and see what happens.

Also as its an induction hob I take it you have a pan on the rings when you try and turn them on?

Have a look at the manual and see how you get on and let me know.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician