Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WFM 760 washing macine whose drum

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** - I have a Hotpoint Aquarius WFM 760 washing macine whose drum has stopped turning. it still goes round and the belt is ok - just seing if there is anytjing I can do before contacting a repairman
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The machine worked fine, then when we thought the cycle was finished there was still some water in the drum and the washing liquid tablet had not diolved properly. tried resetting and starting again but the machine just filled with water and stopped. I used the pump out function. Thought it maybe the filter but on trying again noticed that the drum was not turning. Took the back off the machine and observed that the belt was still ok.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry for the delay in getting to your question.

If the drum isn't turning at all then its could be the carbon brushes in the motor. As theres 2 types of motor this model uses. Theres a carbon brush motor and the other is the 3 phase motor. The most common one is the carbon brush motor.

So you need to pull the washer out and lean it backwards against a wall and have some one hold for you.

Then lie down and look under the washer and there you will see the back of the motor.

There either side are the carbon brushes. Take them out and see if they have worn down. If so then you need to replace them and fingers crossed that will sort the problem from there and get the drum turning again.

Check them and see what you find and let me know.

Regards