How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: UK Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 22000
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Type Your UK Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a bosch dishwasher, 't know model number. No water is

Customer Question

Customer: I have a bosch dishwasher, don't know model number. No water is coming into the machine although the machine is making all the right noises when the cycle starts. Supply hose has no kinks. One thing that I have noticed that is unusual, just at the point where the machine is plumbed into the mains water supply, upstream of the isolator valve, there is an in-line box through which the supply pipe passes. It's plastic, about 5 inches by four, has a lid fixed with two screws and is marked with a lightning bolt symbol which I presume means that it has live electricity. Can see no incoming cables though. Not sure what this device is, maybe a pump?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No water coming into the dishwasher, so cycle not running properly.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The plastic part you see is an Aquastop device, designed to stop water flow in the event of a water flood. That part is probably faulty. Do you hear any humming or buzzing from that part when you start a cycle?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know the model number, none is shown on the machine. It was in the house when we moved in 3 months ago and no documentation was left by the previous owners.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The model tag is usually on the inside door panel, usually on the right side.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, nothing there sorry.