Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Rob I have a Whirlpool AWZ612. When I turned it on it

Customer Question

Hi Rob
I have a Whirlpool AWZ612. When I turned it on it started its normal wash cycle for about 7 minutes. Then it shut off. Screen went blank. I turned off the dial. When I turned it back to 40 again there was a clonk. Then after leaving it for 5 minutes I turned it on again. It started working for 2 minutes. Then shut off again. This has happened 6-7 times. Every time it restarts the time is the same at 1 hour 6 minutes each time.
Now the door is locked and my clothes are in there.
Any suggestions?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The fact that it goes totally dead would suggest an issue with the electronic control module or a wiring problem. Start by removing the top from the machine and looking for any obvious wiring issues or arc marks. Let me know what you find.