Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Ed, I have a Neff Combi oven which gave up 6 mths back.

Customer Question

Hi Ed, I have a Neff Combi oven which gave up 6 mths back. microwave runs for 2/3 seconds & then cuts out. common problem is supposedly the magnetron & PCB board to go. I replaced the magnetron, hoping PCB board was okay. didnt work with the new magnetron, so I am assume PCB board is gone. Mod. no. is C67P70NOGB/10FD911000204. Could you confirm if its the invertor PCB board that commonly goes or would it be the power module PCB board? I was in contact with Neff & they asked me which PCB board was I after. can you confirm the part number? Should I replace the fuse at the rear? Part no.? I also have a Neff dishwasher which the red tap light is on constant, I cannot operate same. I have checked the pump section - this is all clear, with the propeller running freely, I have checked to see if the hose is kinked - okay. Water pressure okay. I have put it down to a faulty aquastop valve with the built-in solenoid. before I order, is there anyway of testing it? filter is clear
Bar
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The inverter board would be most likely to fail. It is not a fuse or it would not start at all. Do you have a meter to measure the current draw right before it cuts out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly,I have a meter which I can use tonight to measure the current draw. Can you confirm where I should place the probes to measure the draw? Can you review my question in relation to the Neff Dishwasher?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You will need to clamp around the wire from the main power cord to measure the current draw in amperage. As for the dishwasher, you likely have a faulty valve. You can measure voltage at the valve when it should be filling.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly,Re. the Dishwasher - I cannot get it to fill or do anything else for that matter. I cannot reset the machine either. The on/off button is the only button that works. it seems to be stuck in mode!! The red tap light is on permanently along with the rinse aid light. I have filled the rinse aid slot up and the light remains on after I turn on / off the machine. I also left it plugged out overnight hoping she might re-set!!I have taken the side cover off the dishwasher to check the flow of water, build up of grease etc. This is all clear - there is no sign of a float system / switch here as similar to older Neff dishwashers.. the machine is nearly 3 yrs old.Re-combi oven - when you say clamp around the power cable - do I put the positive vice-grip-like probe over the insulated power cable and use the negative probe to earth off the microwave??. Can you confirm what range the amperage should be reading if the PCB board has failed?Can you confirm the part number for a replacement PCB invertor board?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kelly can you revert back more my query from the 26th November please. This site and service is a joke... you take money from my account without helping or answering my queries with solid info..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.