Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a 3 year old Kenwood Dishwasher KID60B12. Approx.

Customer Question

Hi I have a 3 year old Kenwood Dishwasher KID60B12. Approx. half way through an eco cycle, it makes a buzzing sound and eventually shows error F5. Its getting water ok, and I have checked the inlet screen is clear. It fills up fine for the first half, any ideas? If I open the door during the buzzing, it doesn't always shut off the machine either.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I believe the water valve is faulty and failing after the solenoid is warm. The correct valve for your model is available below.

Water Inlet Valve <----- CLICK HERE FOR THE CORRECT PART FOR YOUR MODEL

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, thank you for the response, is it relatively straightforward to fit this part by yourself or does it involve stripping down large parts of the appliance? I have replaced parts in my washing machine and tumble dryer before :)
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It will be easy to install. You will just need to remove the top from the appliance, a few hoses from the valve and some electrical connectors that will pull right off. You can take a picture before removing any hoses or wires so you have a reference if you get confused after removing the old part.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, I ordered and replaced the part specified, but this did not resolve the issue. Having the machine apart and observing it run through a cycle to the point it starts buzzing. The sound appears to be coming from the bottom centre of the appliance. Opening the door causes the sound to stop immediately although the dishwasher continues its cycle, and when you close the door the buzzing occurs again. If you do nothing and allow the buzzing to continue you eventually get the F5 error. Anything else I can try, I think replacing the central part is over £100 so probably not economical to repair? Thanks Ashley
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is it draining the water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It appears to be, certainly during the first half of the cycle, I hear it being drained and see the drain hose flexing slightly, and then it fills again. I would say its during the hot water part of the cycle? I seem to remember when it first happened, I tried a rinse cycle and that was fine.