Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Smug do8css-5 bottom oven not working but internal light

Customer Question

Smug do8css-5 bottom oven not working but internal light stays on permanently
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is the timing control set to an auto bake cycle? Is it flashing AUTO or is the display normal? Is the top oven working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it's not on Auto and yes, the top oven is working. I have followed all the instructions in the manual and googled other possible solutions as well - the most puzzling thing is that the bottom oven doesn't work BUT the oven light stays on permanently?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does the lower door switch work? What exactly happens when the oven is turned on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly - there doesn't seem to be a lower door switch on this model (see original Q for model). Nothing happens when I turn on the oven - except the internal light is always on. We've been using the oven for months without any probs until yesterday when we took off the door and took out the shelves and the linings for cleaning - I put everything back in the same order and it all seems to be solid ( have done it before without probs) - except now the bottom oven doesn't do anything and the light comes on when we switch the oven on at the spur, and it stays on 😟. Hope you can help, Thanks Brian
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I cannot locate the service information on this model. While I search for a wiring schematic I am going to place your questions back to the list in case another has that information readily available.