Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Bosch no frost computer controlled fridge freezer

Customer Question

I have a Bosch no frost computer controlled fridge freezer that appears to have frozen up because we can no longer hear the fan working. This has been a brilliant fridge freezer up to now and we would like to have it repaired if possible. The fridge works perfectly but we noticed that the seal is coming away at the top of the freezer which needs replacing which has probably caused the temperature to fluctuate initially. Can these problems be sorted out? Also the back of the freezer is covered with ice.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The frost is likely due to a failed component in the defrost circuit, usually the heater. If you open the doors and unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours, it will thaw and restore cooling. You will need to meter to test the heater with, located behind the rear wall, inside the freezer. Do you have a meter to test with?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?