Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Diplomat ha 8640 dishwasher. I loaded turned it on.

Customer Question

Hi I have a Diplomat ha 8640 dishwasher. I loaded for washing turned it on. When I returned later the motor was still running but dishwasher had not started
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Is the noise you hear the drain pump thats running all the time?

If you pore a jug of water inside the dishwasher and close the door does the water drain away?

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Ok when you get this its water has leaked into the base of the dishwasher and its activated the flood switch in the base which brings the pump on all the time.

What you need to do is either pull the dishwasher out from under the unit and lean it 45 degs backwards and this will allow the water to drain out from the base of the dishwasher and reset the flood switch.

Or as its built in you can remove the outer wooden door panel and then remove the wooden kick board at the bottom of the kitchen.

Then you need to remove the inspection cover at the bottom below the door.

From there make sure the power supply is off and then you need to use a sponge and soak the water up from there. Again once the water is up the flood switch will reset itself.

Then retry it and see how it goes. If it happens again then theres a leak in there which you need to find and fix to cure this. Check the hoses and see if any are loose or split.

So try the above and see how it goes as that should then stop the pump from running all the time.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay thanks
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Your very welcome