Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Trying to reconfigure HJA 1643, 3 rings showing E4, just

Customer Question

Hi, trying to reconfigure HJA 1643, 3 rings showing E4, just continual beeps when trying. Then spells out E R 0 3 from top to bottom.Anything else we can do?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The E4 means that element is not communicating with the main controller. You can attempt to reconfigure that element. Turn the power off at the mains for about 15 minutes. Then turn the power back on and press and hold the "-" key for the element that is not working. While holding the minus key, press keys 1 through 4 in turn within 4 seconds. One is bottom right, 2 is top right, 3 is top left, 4 is bottom left. Each key press should give an audible beep. Each must beep only once. If any beep more than once, you must start again. It could take several attempts. Once done you should get a 'C' displayed for each ring element. Now place a pan of water on the element. Press the plus key '+' next to the element ring and wait for the 'C' to change to '-'. Reconfiguration is now complete and you can use the appliance as normal. If it does not reconfigure, there is a problem within the electronics.