Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Bosch oven has error message e106 and now doesn't work

Customer Question

Hi my Bosch oven has error message e106 and now doesn't work :-((
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  AppTech8579 replied 1 year ago.

E106 indicates the door is not locked. Check the wiring and make sure there is no damage.

Using the Star Rating Chart at the top of your page and rating me at least a 3 star is how I receive credit for helping you. Please if you do not understand my answer, don't hesitate to ask for more help. Thank you for using Just Answ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I don't understand your answer. The oven was actually on at the time so the door was definitely fine. Just checked again the door is working properly
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The error you are seeing indicates that the door switch circuit has issues. It may be a faulty door switch. Does the oven light stay on after the door is closed?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly I'm not sure of the model but have attached a picture. I don't think the door has a switch. Usually when it is working the light stars on wen the door is closed. I've looked for some kind of switch or electrics and can't see one
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The model tag should be around the oven opening or in the vent holes just below the control panel.