Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Lamona HJA8630 dishwasher. I have not used it

Customer Question

I have a Lamona HJA8630 dishwasher. I have not used it for 3 months. Tried using it yesterday. All the green lights come on but I can't program it or start it up. All the green lights stay on together. HAve tried turning it off at the mains to reset but it makes no difference.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm getting confused with how you operate. I seem to have given you my card details but I'm not getting any response from you.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect there may be water in the base of the machine, under the tub, that has actuated the flood cycle. Are you able to inspect the area under the tub for water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
About 2 weeks ago the sink overflowed and a lot of water spilled onto the floor. It also flooded the cupboard and that water would have flowed onto the section of floor the dishwasher rests on. I have pulled the kicker board off and the area under the dishwasher is completely dry. There is a space between the floor and the base of the machine of 6cm and the water would never have reached that high.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have removed the inspection cover at the front base of the machine. The metal base of the machine is bone dry and shows no sign of ever having been wet. Please advise what I can try next. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you going to help me further now that I have provided you with the information I asked for?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay, you are 7 hours ahead of me. If it is dry underneath and the control is not accepting any programming inputs, the main electronic control module has likely failed.