Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a smeg dishwasher UKSTX 1 1. it keeps tripping out

Customer Question

hi.
i have a smeg dishwasher UKSTX 1 1. it keeps tripping out the fuse box in the house when switched on
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The two components most likely to trip the fuse are the motor and heater. Do you have a meter to test them for a short to ground?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi - no, I dont have a meter, but I am sure I can get one. What exactly would I need? Can i get them at a hardware store?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Yes, any meter that will test resistance or continuity, which is usually any test meter other than a voltage stick.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, presuming i can get one at the store, ill test the two components, if they can be accessed.even so, can such parts be easily replaced?Also - to note - the electric failure occurs instantly at point of switching the dishwasher on - not mid cycle etc
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Something is directly shorted to ground, so you may be able to inspect all wiring and see the issue with no meter.