Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Rob, I've got a Bosch dishwasher Excell, it makes a banging

Customer Question

Hi Rob, I've got a Bosch dishwasher Excell, it makes a banging pose seven or eight times before you here the water flowing in. Cleans and drys fine with no water remaining post cycle but it is a very loud banging.
Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi,Obviously i meant a banging noise not pose, the model No is either S9LT1B or SGS56E02GB/35 and its a Bosch Exxcel. Look forward to hearing from someone soon
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The banging is likely the water line in your home that connects to the dishwasher, called the "hammering effect." Can you tell if the noise is coming from the dishwasher itself or could it be the water line in your home?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Kelly, i pulled the dishwasher out and its definately coming from inside the dishwasher. from the back it sounds more like a revving in as much as something is trying to turn or rotate several times before the water flows in.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Added a videoThanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That is very odd. I can see the waterline moving when it makes noise, can you tell if the motor or anything is loose underneath that is hitting against the water line to move it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Let me check that and come back to youThanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, everything feels secure. Sorry for the delay I was away with work. Everything feels secure when I go in through the side panel on the right. Can't access on the back or the left. Even took the front kick panel off where the pump is and again thats securely fastening.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Does the noise stop if you hold the water line that is shown in the video as it fills?