Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a bosch exxcel 1400 washing machine that seems to

Customer Question

Hi I have a bosch exxcel 1400 washing machine that seems to wash perfectly but at 1 min remaining continues to was and does not spin seems to repeat was cycle for another go then spin at end of 2nd cycle, how do I resolve? What is causing this?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

This sounds like a bad motor control board.

Open the door and tell me the ENR from the plate there. Also how old is the machine and how many times a week is it used?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi the enr is WFX145SGB, it us approx 8yrs old and is used 3/4 times a week
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

When it washes, does it agitate correctly?

What exactly happens when it gets to 1 minute on the display? Has it done all the rinses correctly?

Rob

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, at 1min it is still washing it does agitate correctly and seems to carry-on and complete another cycle for another hour before spinning. I don't utilise the wash plus, rinse plus etc options so these buttons are not pressed or stuck in/on
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

OK, and has it done the rinses at this point?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not on the first cycle I don't think so no
Expert:  Rob replied 1 year ago.

Hi

OK, im not able to guess at this, so its better that you try the cycle again and be sure exactly what its doing.

Check if its washing correctly and if its emptied and gone on to do the rinses and then what exactly happens

Let me know when you can

Thanks

Rob