Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have bush slimline dishwasher WV9-6W that powers off

Customer Question

I have bush slimline dishwasher WV9-6W that powers off during wash cycle then repowers if left but reverts back to start of program when restarted, any ideas
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I believe you may have an issue with the main electronic control or a loos connection in the main power supply connections. Can you verify the wiring from your home is secure and intact?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is not causing the rcd to trip, so problem is confined to the dishwasher. Is there any form of overcurrent protection or something that would cause the dishwasher to power down.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

The RCD may not trip but if the connections are not secure, when it tries to draw any current, it may break the contact in the connections. I would inspect the incoming wiring.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do, but the problem has got worse over a period of a week from being able to complete a shorter program after longer program would cause the dishwasher to power down, now all programs will only run for no more than about 15 minutes with draining and heating working.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. If the main power connections look fine, the electronic control will probably need to be replaced. Of course, as with any electronics, power off at mains for a few hours to reset before replacing any parts.