Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

The reservoir at the bottom of my fridge keeps filling with

Customer Question

The reservoir at the bottom of my fridge keeps filling with water and is not evaporating. There is also a lot of condensation inside the fridge. What could this be due to.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The defrost cycle should not produce that much water. I suspect you may have a leak in the water system. Does your model have an ice maker or water dispenser?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No there is no ice maker or water dispenser with the fridge. The make is Hotpoint Future RLSA175.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Are the door gaskets sealing well?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They appear to be.
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

I am not sure then where the water would be coming from. I am going to place your question back to the list in case another may have an idea.