Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a hotpoint ultima WMD960. It is showing a fault code

Customer Question

I have a hotpoint ultima WMD960. It is showing a fault code F05 and I've read that I need to check the drain pump etc as it is not draining water out. However I can't even open the door to manually drain it as the door lock is staying on.
Can you help?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is a pump filter clean out access behind the panel that is at the bottom of the front panel. I suspect the pump is plugged and will require that filter be removed and cleaned.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately there is no pump at the front behind the panel - just a red plastic casing which when removed means I can see through to the back of the machine.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Odd, that model shows two pumps, one with a filter and one without. It looks like they maybe different on some models, depending on the rest of the model number. You may need to remove the hoses from the pump to clean out the internal section of the pump.