Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My Lamona dishwasher won't drain. It's a slimline model

Customer Question

Hi Daniel, my Lamona dishwasher won't drain. It's a slimline model LAM8301.
Can't see any blockages.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Where did you check for blockages?

If you reset the dishwasher and start a new cycel do you hear the pump running?

If not if you listen very carefully at the bottom do you hear a slight humming noise from it?

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I checked the filter just now. I have started a new cycle and I can hear the humming.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Ok if its the filter you checked then from the sounds of this the pump is blocked if you can hear a humming noise.

If you are looking at fixing this yourself then you need to remove the outer wooden door and then remove the wooden kick board at the bottom of the kitchen.

Then from there you need to remove the metal panel you will see below the door.

Once thats removed you will see the drain pump right infront of you.

This is a twist fit pump, So you need to scoop out all the water from inside the dishwasher.

Then from there you need to remove the pump. You need to pus the small tab at the top of the pump and twist it off from there.

Then from there you can remove what ever it is stuck in there. Becarfull though as its usually glass that blocks it.

0nce its clear refit the pump and retry the dishwasher and fingers crossed thats sorted it.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, sounds very similar to my washing machine.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

They are pretty much the same its just a bit more of a strip down on dishwasher though

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it an allen key to remove the screws on the metal panel?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Its normally just normal screws. But they may have put torx screw (star shapped) in there instead. If so then you need a torx bit to get them off.

Or if you have a small thin flat bladed screwdriver this can sometimes do the trick.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
their star shaped )0:
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Ok there torxs. You can normally get a set from the likes of B&Q or other tool shops. Even pound shops sell them somtimes as well.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'll have to get one tomorrow.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

No worries. Once you get one try that and im sure you can sort it from there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Daniel,How do I undo the pump please?