Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Hotpoint HVF344. I always wash at setting "E" 30 degrees,

Customer Question

Hotpoint HVF344. I always wash at setting "E" 30 degrees, quick wash which takes 52 minutes. Recently it has been showing random times when I start my wash. Sometimes it will still finish in 52 minutes, sometimes it takes 2 hours. I am quite capable but need to know which bit to replace.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond as typing, researching and adding links takes me time to do so please be patient and often I will ask you questions to narrow down the issue to get is diagnosed correctly.

This sounds like you may have a dirty or bad turbidity sensor. Remove the lower wash arm and upper housing under it and you should see this sticking through. Clean it off really good with a brush that may solve the issue.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the star rating link on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A Hotpoint HVF344 is a washing machine not a dishwasher and as such does not have a turbidity sensor or wash arms. I think you know less than me. Do we agree you did not help me or must I speak to paypal?

I had looked up a dishwasher sorry about that I typoed it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We're done.
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Sorry about the other expert not helping corretly, Do you still need help on this?

If so are you getting any error codes or flashing lights comming up?

Have you tried it on a rinse only cycle and if so was this ok and did the correct times?

Regards