Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a Lamona HJA 8630 Dishwasher which doesn't dry the

Customer Question

I have a Lamona HJA 8630 Dishwasher which doesn't dry the dishes yet stays hot all the time after finishing the cycle?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

The main control board is the fault on this im afraid

Ive replaced loads of them in the past for this fault that you descibe so i know a new control board will cure this.

You need to remove the outer wooden door panel,

Then remove the plastic control panel.

There you will see the main control board on the left and the display board with the programes on it on the right.

You need to replace the control board on the left as thats the main board. As in there is the heater repaly which will be sticking and casuing this fault that you have hear.

Replace that and it will be fine from there. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, How do you remove the plastic control panel?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Its just the screws on the inside of the door that holds it on. If you pull the door down you will see the screws along the edge of the door.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do all the wire just unplug? Does the gry box need to be replaced as 1 unit or do I open it up and take out the board?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

The boards on these come as just that. You dont get the grey box so you need to open the grey box and then disconnect the wires and then you can remove the board from the grey box and replace it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, are the wires plugged in ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another problem is the salt reservoir. When I open it it overflows?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Yes the wires all just plug on so they come off easy.

As to the salt reservoir being full of water thats normal. As when the salt is getting used up the water replaces it so when you top the salt chamber up as you pore it in the water will come out so thats normal.

Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The salt reservoir just kind of errupts though when I take the cap off? Is that normal?
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Yes thats all normal as i said above so dont worry about that.