Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have a floor standing fridge freezer and the freezer

Customer Question

We have a floor standing fridge freezer and the freezer temperature light is flashing -20 deg C I put the super freeze on last night and it was flashing -23deg C. The freezer contents still appear frozen.
Pleas help.
Thanks.
Roger.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the temperature is climbing, you probably have an air flow issue. Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Fridge Freezer model is Bosch Logixx Frost Free 146877 540003
KGU32121GB it is 18 years plus old. I notice that when I switch the reading over to the fridge setting it stays as normal showing 4 deg.
I have dusted out the back of the fridge freezer and checked the water catcher the small fan is working fine. I put it all back but the freezer light is still flashing at -20 deg, so worried what this might be and whether I need to do anything about it.
The freezer itself seems to be working fine.
Thanks
Roger.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Can you measure the actual temperature in the freezer? The food may still be frozen but the temperature may be too high and the control is catching that.