Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My Daewoo American fridge freezer ,keeps sounding the door

Customer Question

My Daewoo American fridge freezer ,keeps sounding the door open alarm, though it is not open , I think this is in some way linked to the ice maker but cannot be sure , I have reset the ice maker and made sure all the doors are properly closed . The alarm still sounds often. The ice maker red light comes on now and then; then the machine settles for a while before it all starts over again.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The ice maker is not tied in with the door alarm. If both are acting up, the main electronic control is probably having issues. Unplug the refrigerator for a few hours to facilitate a full discharge and reset of the electronics. Does the behavior change when plugged back in?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the advice, the model number is ***** FRS2011IAL. The alarm sounding has seemed to have got better ,but I will follow your advice anyway,
Thank you again, Mike Crisp.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** know what happens. Is the ice maker still working?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the machine is working perfectly well ,the only problem is this intermittent sounding of the alarm for no good reason. It bleeps several times ,repeatedly and then stops for an hour or so ,then does it again.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

It sounds to be control related. Try the extended power cycle and see if that changes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you mean by 'the extended power cycle'. How do I access this ?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Unplug the refrigerator for a few hours to facilitate a full discharge and reset of the electronics.