UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My Zanussi tumble dryer has just stopped working having

Customer Question
finished a drying cycle...
my Zanussi tumble dryer has just stopped working having finished a drying cycle . It now just flashes red 3 times when I try to start it again . Model ZDEB47209W
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
9/13/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Turn the dryer to any cycle and then press and hold the start button and the button to the left of it.

Keep them both held in and after a few seconds the leds will go out and the start light will flash.

Count the number of red flashes.

Then the number of green flashes and let me know.

Regards

HI Dan ,6 red 2 green then a pause then goes back to flashing green

Hi

Thanks for that. This error code is a heating error code.

What you need to do is remove the back panel and there you will see the heater unit. Take this out and turn it over and there you will see 2 thermostats.

You need a multi meter to test the thermostats and see if any of them are faulty. They should both give a contonuity reading.

If any of them dont then its faulty and you need to replace the complete heater as they come as part of the heater on these im afraid.

If the thermostats are fine then check the heater coils and see if any are burnt out.

So check the above and see what you find. As to be honest most of the time for this is a faulty thermostat on the heater that causes this.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician