Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a candy aqua 1000, door is locked and won't open

Customer Question

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The door will not open if the water has not drained from the tub. It may also be that the lock assembly has broken. Has the water from the last cycle drained out?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
all the water is drained. Actually we didn't get any program to work at all, so I think the problem runs a little deeper. What about the broken lock assembly, any way to fix it ourselves?
Expert:  Kelly replied 2 years ago.

The lock is easily replaced. You will have to force the door open and then remove the clamp from around the front of the door seal and then you can fold the seal into itself to gain easy access to the lock for replacement.