UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

Rob, I have a 6year old Hotpoint Aquarius WDL540. The door

Customer Question
Hi Rob, I have a...
Hi Rob, I have a 6year old Hotpoint Aquarius WDL540. The door lock is jammed. At end of cycle it 'clicks' 5-6 times but the red light remains and the door lock cannot be open. I power off and still, after a few hours, the door remains locked. (I have to use the green tab next to the filter). This only happened after I cleaned the filter (removed a coin and needle). It will do a load of washing but I cannot open the door once it's closed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
9/3/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

If it does a wash on and spins and drain but just doesnt release the door then its usually the door lock itself thats the fault here.

I take it when you pull the green tab the door opens ok?

If you close the door does it lock stright away? If so then this is a door lock fault here and will need to be replaced to cure this.

If replace many of these door locks for this fault on these washers as the 6 clicks is a door lock error code.

So replace the door lock and this will cure the fault from there. If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

when i pull the green tab the door opens no problem. It definitely gives the 6 clicks at the end of cycle.When you say replace the door lock, do you mean the part on the actual door or the part on the main machine - or both?Finally, there are small pools of water - would this be linked?

The door lock is the part inside the machine.

You need to open the door and remove the metal clamp from around the outer edge of the door seal then you can unlip the door seal.

Then remove the screws holding the door lock on or if theres no screws you need to use a small screwdriver and push the pips in you will see on the door lock then you can slid it backwards and remove it from there and swap it over.

As to the water this wont be down to the door lock. You need to check the door seal for any holes or splits.

If the seal is fine then you need to check all the hoses and the tub underneath the washer for the leak im afraid.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician