UK Appliance

UK Appliance Repair Questions? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

UK Appliance

My Samsung fridge, not the freezer stopped working. We have

Customer Question
Hi, My Samsung fridge, not...
Hi, My Samsung fridge, not the freezer stopped working. We have turned it off for 2 days and switched it back on again and now seems back to normal. But I have just read here it is likely to stop a gain after 2 weeks or so. So am wondering what to do...
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: UK Appliance
8/26/2015
UK Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 2 years ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

What model is this please.

Is it a side by side appliance?

Regards

Samsung RL38SCPS

Hi

Thanks for that. The fridge as you have found gets its cooling from the freezer. So if you had to defrost it to get it working then too much ice had built up on the evaporator unit inside the freezer.

Now there can be a few things that causes this. Either a faulty defrost heater, faulty defrost sensor or a blocked drain gutter.

Now if its a blocked drain gutter this will be a one off so the fault shoudnt come back again once its been defrosted. So if this was the problem then it will be fine.

But if after a few weeks it does it again then its a fault on the auto defrost side. For this you need to access the defrost heater inside the freezer and test it with a multi meter and see if faulty and replace it from there.

But just see how it goes as fingers crossed it could have been a blocked gutter with ice which does happen. But if it goes again then just get back to me. Even if is a few weeks later get back to me on here and i can help you. As once you rate the answer it doesnt close the question as you can post back on here a few weeks later and come back to me as thats not a problem.

Regards

Thanks for the advise. Will see what happens . Nicola

No worries, Fingers crossed its a one off but if it goes again just get back to me. Im online nearly every day during the evenings.

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician