Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My indesit WIL113 washing machine won't finish a full cycle

Customer Question

Category: UK Appliance
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have run again and the extra rinse light is on at the end and the lock light is flashing like mad.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Other then the door lock light flashing are anyother lights flashing on the front panel?

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As above the extra rinse light is on. Number 4 if numbering left to right.Previously I have had two lights on which I understand to be a blockage when draining but this time there is one and the door lock.
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Ok just wanted to double check the error code so i gave the correct info for you.

If you only have that light then its error code F08 error code which is a heater relay fault. This will be either the heater itself or the main control board at the back. To test this you need to remove the back panel of the washer and there at the bottom of the drum you will see the heater.

Check the wires are pushed on there tight. Then if you have a multi meter you need to test the heater for contonuity and also test the heater to earth. As if the heater leaks to earth it can cause the F08 code.

But if the heater tests ok then the control board will be the fault here and will need to be repalced and programmed up to cure this im afraid.

Regards

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
New board is effectively a new machine on the cost front I understand.I will take the unit apart again tomorrow and check the heater.Won't it spin and drain because it knows it hasn't heated the water?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.

Yes a new board isnt worth it as they are sold blank so need to get the programming kit which wit the cost of the board is more then the washer is worth.

As to the spin and drain if the washer picks up a problem then it stops the washer from working completely and just error codes out so it doesnt matter what the fault is as anything failes in there will cause it to error code out and stops the washer from working.

Regards