Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an old Bosch maxx it isn't draining properly and

Customer Question

I have an old Bosch maxx it isn't draining properly and stopping through mid cycle the plug thing at the bottom seems to be jammed shut is my washer fixable?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 1 year ago.

Hi

Yes the washer is still fixable here. If the filter is jammed then theres something stuck in there.

What i do is hold the filter with a pair of pliers and then unscrew and then tighten it up quickely several times as this can disslodge what ever is stuck in there.

But if it still wont move then im afraid you need to access the pump itself to clear this. No this depends on the model you have. Lean it backwards and see if you see the pump underneath. If so then remove the black hose going to there and then you can clear out what ever it is in there.

But if theres a sealed base then you need to remove the front panel to access the pump from there.

But try the above first with the pilers as most of the time this does the trick. Let me know how it goes.

But if you are unable to do this yourself then if you get a local engineer in they will be able to sort it for you as this can be fixed from here.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards