Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I'm having problems with an inefficient washing machine

Customer Question

Hi
I'm having problems with an inefficient washing machine water pump - possibly. Drain hoses are clear, both from drum to pump and from pump to outlet. Pump seems to be strong. Spins up without hesitation, good torque when turned by hand. However when made to drain, only a weak dribble comes out the end of the waste hose. Any pointers please?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Im so sorry that no oneelse has responded to you.

Apologies for my delayin replying, I only just came online and saw your question. Are youstill looking for help with this?

Please don't rate myanswer until we have explored all possible avenues. Please just usethe reply button to contact me.

Can you tell me the make and model?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Rob. I've decided to try for a new pump in the first instance. I can see and hear the pump spinning, but in case there is an issue with the efficiency of the pump, thought I'd rule that out first, unless you have any other sugestions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's an AEG lavamat, model L75470FL.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Thanks

As long as the hose from the tub to the pump, and from the pump to the drain are all clear, this can only be the pump.

Check its not blocked in the pump, but these can and do fail under pressure

If you need more help, le me know

In the meantime,

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob