Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I am replacing the timer on a aeg b3101-4-m. How do detach

Customer Question

Hi, I am replacing the timer on a aeg b3101-4-m. How do detach the timer from the front facia?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hello, I'm so sorry for the extended wait time, whilst I was offline. Do you still need help with this?

If so, I will try to locate some information on this for you.

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rob, yes please. The timer appears to fitted through a mounting plate from the front but the plate is attached to the front facia/glass. I can't see how to separate or detach the plate from the facia. Thanks
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Can you get me the pnc or product number from the data plate?

Thanks

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pnc of aeg oven is 944 185 295.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Thanks

Im looking for some drawings now

Rob

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Do you have the new timer?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have a replacement.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

OK, if you look in the darker part of the plastic, towards the front of the clock, you will see two tabs on each of the long sides and one tab each, on the shorter sides.

These must be released

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i've released those but the front of the timer has a large lip which is sat behind the metal plate - as though the timer has been inserted into the plate from the front...?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Im sorry, im not seeing that on the technical diagrams

Can you upload a picture? Udse the paper clip icon

Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Here is one of the replacement timer. I'm afraid I can't send one of the fitted timer and plate for a while as my dinner is in the oven at the moment! You can see the lip on this photo though.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Are you talking about the lip at the front, where the display is?

If so, thats correct, you have to push the clock from the back through the front, once you release the tabs I spoke of

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yep that's exactly how it is but the metal frame has a glass and metal facia attached on the front so I can't push the timer through. I don't know how to detach the metal frame from the glass at the front so I can then push it through.here is a pic of the glass metal facia.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Once the oven is off i'll be able to take a pic of the panel front &back which may help if i'm not making myself clear.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi

Sorry, now i understand !!

OK, according to the diagrams for this, it shows the front fascia coming off forwards.

It doesnt show how but if theres no visible fixings, look behind the two knobs. Lux like to hide the fixings behind knobs !!

Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

I KNow your dinner is in there, so just do this as and when and let me know, ok?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ah! Yes there are no screws etc visible so will take the knobs off. Do they just pull off the front?
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

According to the diagram, yes

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok. Thanks - will let you know.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

OK

Good luck!!

Can I ask you to take a moment and rate myresponses so far? Please use the smiley faces / stars, which youshould now see. Please remember you are rating me personally, not thewebsite or the problems you have had with this machine.
This willnot close your question and you can still come back to me if you needmore help
Thanks
Rob

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rob, the screws behind the knobs just attach the electrical connectors to the plastic knob housing. Could there be something behind the timer buttons? Not sure how you get those off? Here is a pic from the back if it helps.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

The timer buttons should just pull off, but i dont believe anyhting is there, just look at the new one

Check from the back for any tabs holding the fascia in place

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The back plate is one sheet of metal which just appears to be "stuck" (glue?) to the front facia. I can't see any tabs or method of attachment - see photo. I can start to prise the facia off with a screw driver but don't want to do any more than that as it's part glass and may crack. When I prise it away I can't see anything holding it to the back plate. Apologies if this is taking up more time than it should.
Expert:  Rob replied 2 years ago.

Hi

No worries.

I am at a loss, sorry.

On the parts list it shows two parts for the facia, the steel front and the back plate.

The front is listed as obsolete, and the last price was over £150????

Im going to opt out and see if anyone else has seen one of these

Sorry!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks anyway.