Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Zanussi ZWF1407w1. No power at machine & slight electrical

Customer Question

Zanussi ZWF1407w1. No power at machine & slight electrical burning smell from rear. fuse OK. Power at wall OK.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Ok im taking it you have tried the washer in a different socket as well?
If thats all fine then what you need to do is remove the top of the washer and from there follow the power cable in the washer and this will go to the mains filter usually under the center support bar. Check this and see if theres signs of burning on there. If so then you need to replace this.
But if thats all ok then the control board will be the fault here. Ive replaced loads of these on the past for this kind of fault were the power is ok but just no lights comming on. The blue swithcing unit on the back of the control board is usually the fault. But this is all part of the control board on these so when that fails you need to replace the complete control board to cure this.
So check that and see what you find. As of the power and fuse are ok on this then it can only be the mains filter, wiring or the control board so check them and see what you find.
If you need anymore info just get back to me.
Regards