Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

AEG Electrolux Favorit 88010 l dishwasher not drying

Customer Question

AEG Electrolux Favorit 88010 l dishwasher not drying contents on drying cycle. Apart from 30min quick wash which does dry but shouldn't !
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Sorry for the delay in getting to your question. Do you still need help on this?
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Daniel,
Ive done many cleaning washes over the weekend and used white (wine) vinegar (it's all I had in !!)
Also filled the salt level up and so far so good.
But I do believe there to be a mechanical fault as the only program that heats and dries is the 30min quick wash and thats not supposed to dry ?
ideas ?
Mark
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Ok if it drys on the quick wash then we know the heater is fine otherwise that wont dry as well.
First thing to check is remove the mesh filter inside the dishwasher and turn it over and see if its all slimed up there. If so then give this a good scrub and retry it and see how it goes from there.
But if thats all ok and its still not working then its going to be the control board at fault here. As the heater relay in there can fail. As you say it drys on the 30 min cycle when it shouldnt as that doesnt have the dry cycle so we know the heater is ok and the wiring so all this leaves is the control board here im afraid.
But check the underside of the filter first as this can cause heating faults if its all slimed up.
But if thats fine then its more then likely the control board at fault here which will need to be replaced to cure this.
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Dan.Done all that. Had lots of 'black gunk' build up inside filter chamber, Even cleaned with white vinegar by running empty with half a bottle poured in.
Filter is clean. Salt is full.
When can you/me fit control board ?
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi
I'm afraid we don't call out and fix them. We are an online site the helps fixing yourself or finding someone to do it for you.
What you can try on this as control boards are quite expensive is either Currys knowhow or British Gas as they both do a fixed price repair service which is £125 all in. So that's all you will pay for them so for a control board replacement that is the best option here as it will be cheaper then you getting the part yourself.
Contact either of them and they will sort for you. Personally I find the British Gas one the better one as they give a full 12 month warranty with it as well.
Or another way is through AEG as they do a repair plan which is about £16 a month so that way you pay monthly but you get a full 12 mo the warranty on the complete appliance so that's not a bad option as we'll.
Regards