Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Ive changed the door seal on my indesit wib101 now the drum

Customer Question

ive changed the door seal on my indesit wib101 now the drum does not turn during the wash
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Daniel and I'll be helping you today I've been repairing white goods for 20+ yrs. and currently work for a well-know manufacturer.
Was the drum turning before you replaced the seal?
How did you replace the seal?
Did you lie the washer on its back or anything like that?
Regards
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I watched a you tube program on how to change the seal I did it standing up and not on its back
Expert:  Daniel replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Ok thats fine. To be honest thats how i thought you would have done it but just wanted to check.
Replacing the door seal from the front standing up wont effect the workings of the motor as you dont go anywere near the motor itself.
So what you can try first is remove the top panel of the washer and look behind the front panel and there you will see the control board. Check the wiring on there and make sure all the blocks are on tight.
If thats ok then you need to remove the back panel and check the belt is still on. If so then remove the motor from the bottom of the drum and then look at the back of the motor and either side there you will see the carbon brushes in the plastic holders. Remove these and see if these have worn down. If so then you need to replace them and fingers crossed this will cure the fault.
As if the wiring on the control board is fine then its probberly just bad timming its failed.
Let me know what you find.
Regards